3 Common Reasons Your Generator Won’t Start- A generator maintenance program can help prevent these problems.
1. Fluid leak: A generator can stop working due to a fluid leak such as coolant, fuel, or oil. A leak can prevent the generator from running correctly or cause other issues.
2. Dead battery: This is the most common reason a generator won’t start. Make sure you have the correct size battery installed and get it tested during a maintenance check.
3. Faulty fuel gauge: A faulty fuel gauge can cause you to run out of fuel, which can be dangerous and disruptive.
A generator maintenance program can help prevent these problems by regularly inspecting and servicing your generator. A good maintenance program will include:
• Checking for fluid leaks
• Testing the battery
• Inspecting the fuel gauge
• Cleaning and lubricating the generator’s components.
• Performing a test run to ensure that the generator is working properly.
Atkins Electric offers a generator installation in Poplar Grove and Rockford IL You can also alert you of any potential problems with your generator so that you can have them fixed before they cause a breakdown.
A generator maintenance program can help you avoid the inconvenience and expense of a generator breakdown. If you are looking for a reliable and comprehensive generator maintenance program, contact Atkins Electric today.
Here are some tips for finding a generator maintenance program that is right for you:
• Consider your needs: What type of generator do you have? How often do you use it? What are your budget constraints?
• Get quotes from multiple companies: This will help you compare prices and services.
• Ask about the company’s experience: How long have they been in business? How many generators do they service each year?
• Read online reviews: See what other customers have to say about the company’s services.
Once you have found a few generator maintenance programs that meet your needs, be sure to ask the following questions:
• What is included in the maintenance program?
• How often will the technician come to my home to service my generator?
• What is the response time if there is a problem with my generator?
• Do you offer a warranty on your services?
By asking these questions, you can ensure that you are choosing a generator maintenance program that is right for you and your needs.